Tuesday 18 February 2014

A Disconnect

Spring is on the way.  I can feel it licking my face.  I can taste it.  There are snowdrops in my garden, buds on some of the trees, I have planters with daffodils peeping through and what about that glorious stretch in the evenings?    We have even discussed our summer holidays.    We are at that place already.

Also winter 2013/2014 has been the nicest, least stressful, almost enjoyable for as long as I can remember. 

As long as I can remember.

That’s a pretty long time. 

Everything nature driven is cyclical yet I find I am on high alert every year watching and waiting for the first signs of spring.  This year is the same.

But I have been experiencing a bit of a disconnect lately.  I’ve tried to put my finger on what it is exactly, but can’t seem to pin it down.   I’ve learned there is nothing to be gained trying to force what isn’t there so I’m running with it.

Most likely it’s got something to do with the time of year.  I know I could do with a good blast of sunshine right about now but I am having to settle on using a really good “tonic.”  

I am looking forward to that lovely stretch in the evenings moving a bit farther out so I can go running again.  I miss it.  I need it to free up my mind. 

I am on a bit of a go-slow. My best hours are usually between 10am and lunchtime and because this time is usually taken up by all things housework, meal prep, laundry and children, I have no choice at the moment but to go with that particular flow.

I’ve been finding it hard to blog “properly” since before Christmas.  It’s a combination of that old classic – not enough hours in the day – and rethinking what I want to blog about.  

Once the boys go to bed my brain flat lines on a subconscious level.  It always has done.     

It looks like I am in synch with the seasons and until I get my groove back on and the leaves are on the trees, I’ll be blogging a bit less than usual.


And until I feel connected again I tend to take it a bit easier.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing wrong with a bit of disconnection. I also feel you have to go with your gut and go with the flow: Most likelyit's trying to lead you somewhere!

    ReplyDelete